Interactive TV Ads

I saw this ad last week on my DVR:



Have these been around for a while? Is this a Comcast thing or an industry wide change? This is the first time I saw an ad like this, so I stopped to interact with it. It actually wasn't that interactive, all I could really do was hit the 'OK' button to move through the inline ad. I haven't seen any other ads like this since then, but I think I like the concept. It was pretty unobtrusive, which I like, and if I wanted to receive more information about the product I could do so easily from my couch. If I didn't I could just ignore the whole ad and fast forward through it like any other ad. One thing I would suggest to Comcast in this case would be to change the delivery method of the coupon from snail mail to email. I'm pretty certain they have my email on file so they can just as easily email me the coupon so I can print it out immediately at home instead of waiting for it in the mail.

No comments:

Post a Comment