Content Curation

One of the areas I'm digging into right now is content curation, specifically on the Twitter platform. With the millions of tweets every day on Twitter I can't imagine how anyone can keep up with it all, or if they would even want to keep up with it all. Right now I have around 80+ people I follow on Twitter and I stopped trying to keep up with them months ago. I can't even imagine how people who "follow" hundreds of people derive any value from these folks.

For several weeks I tried to keep up with the tweets of the people I follow using lists and everything else Twitter (and Twitter clients) have to offer, but ultimately it was just too much. The things is, I do want to read the more interesting tweets and stay up to date with the people I'm following. I don't just follow anyone on my Twitter account, I try to hand pick most of the people I follow so that my Twitter stream is useful. But it's just too much... I'm down to a small list of a dozen people who I check regularly and everyone else just gets lost in the stream.

Anyways, not sure how much I can figure out, but I'm just toying around with the Twitter API and my personal feed to see what sort of information I can bubble to the top. I'm not trying to make a Twitter client or a Twitter service here, but I just want to get a handle for all the information out there and see what I can do with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment