Rest of December

December is only 6 days old but I feel like a whole month has gone by already. School and work were pretty rough last week, and I pretty much spent all my time this weekend studying for finals. It's been pretty brutal. I'm going to be really happy when this quarter is over so I can get back to some semblance of a normal life. This Wednesday is my last exam and after that I'll have the rest of the month off before the next quarter starts in January.

Since it'll be like a mini-vacation, I'm preparing a list of some of the things I want to get done during my break. On the business technology front, I want to play around with these 10 Augmented Reality Apps. I started using Layar's Foursquare adapter last week and was a little underwhelmed by the experience. Hopefully some of these other apps will provide more utility and coolness. I'm planning on heading down to Michigan Ave. and walking around with my iPhone testing out each app. I might get a couple weird looks from random people, but that's OK. I'd also like to start playing around with Google Wave at work. We have a big project deliverable due mid-month, so hopefully after that I can reward my team with some fun time exploring the Wave platform.

On the non-business technology front, I'd like to put in some quality time at Vision Quest and get my training back on track. I'm also planning a trip to Tampa at the end of December for the Outback Bowl. Northwestern will be playing there this year, and since I went to NU for undergrad and now I'm at Kellogg I really feel like I should support my alma matter on the road. It looks like a bunch of my friends will be going too so it should be a lot of fun. Go Cats!

Looking forward to the rest of December!

No comments:

Post a Comment