Part-time activities

Working full time and attending school part time doesn't really leave time for much else in life. I've tried to keep up my other activities like triathlon training and blogging but I've recently let both of them slip a bit. Thanksgiving was last week and with all the food and family time I wasn't really able to do anything productive. This week hasn't been much better due to fast approaching deadlines at work and school.

I'm not giving up on my extracurricular activities though. Training helps keep me sane and feeling alive and blogging is helping me stay on top of my industry. I may not be writing too many full blog entries lately but I know I've been staying on top of the constant stream of news and articles regarding business and technology. My writing style may not be as fluid and free flowing as I would like it to be but I feel it getting better every day. I've also been able to speak expertly about technology trends with my peers at school and work. In short, I feel like I'm accomplishing exactly what I set out to do with my blog: make myself a subject matter expert in my industry.

I should have a break soon from all the school and work madness, so then I'll be able to spend time doing the things I really enjoy. Once I wrap up finals and my work project next week, I'll have around 3 weeks to relax and recharge before the cycle starts all over again in January. Until then I'll just have to sneak in short runs and quick blog entries (or tweets) here and there throughout the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment