Scott Monty

I've been reading Scott Monty's blog a lot lately and have been really trying to soak in all of the great information that he's been sharing on it. Scott's specialty is social media and marketing, and just recently he became head of Ford's Social Media department. Scott is more or less doing what I want to do with my career. I want to be in that cross section of technology and marketing; helping drive and develop consumer technology, and shaping consumer use through technology. It's still a broad concept in my head, but I'm hoping that I can define it a bit better over the next couple of years.

In a happy coincidence of personal and academic work (did I mention I'm going to business school right now?), I have a group assignment due soon on the electric car industry, and my group is thinking of picking Ford for our write-up. Well, guess what, I just happened to have read a ton of great material on Ford and their social media initiatives. Score! So now I think we're going to leverage Scott's social media efforts for our assignment and I may even reach out directly to Scott. This could be a great opportunity to learn more from Scott on utilizing social media in the business world and to develop a great contact in that industry.

Somewhat related to that, I'm attending a Business of Healthcare conference on November 11th. One of their panels is on "Leveraging Interactive Marketing Tools in Healthcare". This event will be a triple score for me, since 1) It's about using social media in the business world, 2) It's hosted by my school, 3) It's about using social media in the healthcare industry (did I mention I work in the healthcare industry?). So, it should be a nice mesh of personal, professional and academic development. Here are the details on the panel:

Leveraging Interactive Marketing Tools in Healthcare

Moderator: Michael Millenson, President, Health Quality Advisors, LLC; Author, Demanding Medical Excellence: Doctors and Accountability in the Information Age

Healthcare companies are just now beginning to leverage interactive marketing tactics that have been so common in many other industries. Discussion boards, blogs, social networking and any other medium that has engaged customers have been highly successful in driving growth, all in a cost-effective manner. Now it’s is time to harness this trend in healthcare. The platforms have already been developed; now the industry needs to successfully leverage them. Panelists will share both successful and failed interactive marketing examples from their companies and the results that came out of these unique initiatives. We will explore challenges and the common pitfalls encountered when implementing such a campaign. Finally, the group will discuss the trends and strategies to become successful in levering interactive marketing tactics.

Panelists include:


Lee Aase, Manager, Syndication and Social Media, Mayo Clinic
Sarah Campbell, Partner, Associate Director of Content Strategy, Ogilvy Interactive
Marker Wiegand, Director of Consumer Marketing, Amgen

No comments:

Post a Comment