Swamped

I've been so swamped lately with work and school that I haven't had a chance to update my blog or do much else. School has actually been going well this quarter, but its work that has been killing me lately with crazy long hours and weekend work. I've set aside this weekend to try to get back on track with all my non-work activities, and on my list of things to do is update my blog. Here's the update:

The classes I'm taking this quarter have been a lot of fun so far. I'm taking a Leadership (MORS-430) class and a Statistics (DECS-433) class and I'm really enjoying both. In my leadership class I'm learning a lot of great things about leadership techniques, persuasion, negotiations, and creating effective work groups. These are skills I've actually been able to use the very next day at work, so this whole part-time business school idea is finally starting to pay off. As for my statistics class, well... it turns out I'm good at stats and actually enjoy it. What more can I say there?

Work has been crazy since late December. We have a big project release coming up in April and unfortunately the team I'm on has fallen a bit behind schedule. To catch up we've had to work long hours and weekends. There have been some days this past month when I've put in 8 hours at work, gone to school for 3 hours, and then logged back on when I got home to put in some more work time. Not an ideal scenario to say the least. My school work hasn't suffered too much, but anything else with a lower priority than school and work have taken a hit. I'm pretty much tired all the time these days and feel like I've been at about 75% of my max output all this year. Hopefully once this project wraps up I'll be able to slow things down a bit and get a better handle on things. Until then, I just have to keep charging along.

No comments:

Post a Comment