Evernote update

I've been using Evernote for a month now and so far I've gathered 163 notes totaling 17 megs of data. I have 43 different labels in my notebook ranging from 'Apple' to Zune' and '2010 Predictions' to 'Social Media Case Studies'.

So far I'm happy with the Evernote organization structure and have found it easy to keep track of my notes and search my data. I run the Evernote Windows client on my home machine and have loaded various browser plug-ins at other computer terminals I use. As I research different topics on the web it's been relatively easy for me to add content to my Evernote notebook. I've also used the iPhone app a couple of times to search for information in my notebook while I'm away from a computer.

Anything I find online that I think I'll want to reference later I clip into my notebook. I'm a pack rat in real life, so Evernote is really suiting my need to gather anything and everything and collect it in some fashion. Right now I'm well under the 40 meg per month data limit, so it looks like I shouldn't have bandwidth issues anytime soon that will require me to upgrade to Evernote Premium.

My only real issue is with the Windows client. The application runs a little slow and is very resource intense at times. Evernote 3.5 is still in Beta and hopefully they'll release an updated version soon that has better performance.

No comments:

Post a Comment